Friday, April 23, 2010

Needed Rest & Yadda Yadda Yadda...

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed not having to be anywhere after work this week.  I've gotten a lot of rest, tho I'm not entirely caught up.  I have no plans for tomorrow during the day either, so it'll be a nice lazy day.  Mr. Blondie will have the Benz - he's going to his parents for the annual Landscape The 'Rent's Yard Day festivities.  Because of the show, I am unable to attend.  So I'm going to be chillaxin'.  Me, the kitty babies, laundry, maybe cleaning, snacking, napping...  Ahh...

I did, this week, discover the love that is Euro Motorcars.  All they sell are Benz's and Stupid Cars.  My check engine light came on the same day I received the notice for my emissions inspection.  Yay.  On advice from a buddy I headed to Germantown to Euro.  I contacted his service adviser, and the next morning I was dropping my car off.  I showed him what my extended service plan was and he got a twinkle in his eye.  Apparently the plan I bought thru Carmax is one of the best out there.  <happy dance>  They gave me a free loaner, and I headed to work.

Now it's been a long time since I've had to make that commute on 270.  With no traffic, it should take 20mins to get from Route 118 to River Road.  Leaving Germantown at 8a, it took an hour and a half.  I usually get on 270 at 189, and even with traffic it takes less than 30mins to get to River.  Heh...  At least the loaner they gave me was a Benz.  Not as fun as mine, but it was comfy. 

Turns out there was some fuel exhaust valve thing that was malfunctioning.  This would have greatly affected my emissions inspection.  There was also a part that MB was recalling that needed to be replaced, so they did that too.  Instead of costing me $200, it was just my deductible.  Yippee!  The whole process was a breeze, the service was fantastic, and they even washed & vacuumed my car.  Blondie is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment